The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others.
— Mahatma Gandh
In an effort to promote a productive and positive experience, we ask that all volunteers be at least 16 years of age. Please contact our Programs Coordinator, Jenna Joiner regarding any special circumstances at email@example.com
- Any volunteer who wishes to take part in activities that would involve campers, must have completed clearances from the state of Pennsylvania. Clearances must be renewed ever 5 years. If you already have your clearances completed and wish to volunteer you will simply just need to provide us with a copy of those clearances.
- CPR training is not required for volunteers, although any and all certifications (CPR/AED, lifeguard etc.) are always welcomed. We do offer CPR/AED training every other year to staff as part of in-service training.
Which clearances need to be completed?
Please note that all clearances for volunteers can be completed online and free of charge.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check
- FBI Clearance only needs to be completed if you have not lived within the state of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years. The Commonwealth has transitioned to a new FBI Criminal Background Checks vendor, IDEMIA (also referred to as IdentoGo and MorphoTrust). Use Service Code: 1KG6ZJ
All clearances can be accessed via http://dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm
Volunteer Opportunities for individuals and groups
Please note that any individuals who wishes to volunteer during our summer program, interacting with campers, must meet with our Programs Coordinator, Jenna Joiner, PRIOR to date you wish to start in order to take a tour of campus and to insure we can place you in the group or program that is best suited for our volunteer needs.
- Lending a hand with camp readiness (raking leaves in the fall, weeding around the pool, laying mulch in the spring)
- Office support (Camp mailings, shredding, data entry, basic administrative tasks)
- Fundraising (lend your expertise in discovering new ways to generate support for Camp
- Communications (website, social media, press releases, etc.)
- Serve on a committee to help make our strategic plan a success
- Become a board member!
- Help out with our annual Camp Show, July 26th, 2018 (props, costumes, music, stage crew responsibilities)
- Serve as an extra set of hands during the camp day, working with campers, helping in the office, etc. (great opportunity for students, high school or college, to earn service hours)
- Other activities or ideas you may suggest to help make Bournelyf a better and safer place for our campers.
- We also welcome service groups (Boy or Girl Scouts, Youth Groups, Rotary clubs, etc.) to serve as well!