The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others.
— Mahatma Gandh
Bournelyf Special Camp is always in need of volunteers throughout the year; here are a few ways in which we would happily welcome your help:
- Lending a hand with camp readiness (raking leaves in the fall, weeding around the pool, laying mulch in the spring)
- Office support (Camp mailings, shredding, data entry, basic administrative tasks)
- Fundraising (lend your expertise in discovering new ways to generate support for Camp
- Communications (webiste, social media, press releases, etc.)
- Serve on a committee to help make our strategic plan a success
- Become a board member!
- Help out with our annual Camp Show, July 26th, 2018 (props, costumes, music, stage crew responsibilities)
- Serve as an extra set of hands during the camp day, working with campers, helping in the office, etc. (great opportunity for students, high school or college, to earn service hours)
- Other activities or ideas you may suggest to help make Bournelyf a better and safer place for our campers.
- We also welcome service groups (Boy or Girl Scouts, Youth Groups, Rotary clubs, etc.) to serve as well!
In an effort to promote a productive and positive experience, we ask that all volunteers be at least 16 years of age. Please contact the Executive Director regarding any special circumstances at email@example.com
Please note that any volunteer who would be interacting with campers must provide copies of up-to-date, Pennsylvania Clearances: Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Clearance. All clearances can be assessed via http://dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm