2020 Camp Dates
- Session 1: July 6 - July 17, 2020
- Session 2: July 20 - July 31, 2020
- Mini-Camp 1: August 3 - August 7, 2020
- Mini-Camp 2: August 10 - August 14, 2020
- Swim Camp 1: August 17 - August 21, 2020
- Swim Camp 2: August 24 - August 28, 2020
Alumni Week #1- June 20-27, Bar Harbor, Maine ($1950) - Alumni campers will enjoy a seven nights, eight days adventure to the gorgeous Maine coastline. It will be a week of exploring the beautiful area in and around Bar Harbor. Tuition includes all transportation to and from the airport, direct, round-trip airfare on American Airlines, cost of one checked bag, plus one carry-on and personal item, all accommodations, food, excursions, transportation while in Maine and paid staff to maintain a 3:1, camper to staff ratio. 9 available spots
Alumni Week #2: July 17-20 Poconos, PA ($650) - Campers will enjoy a long weekend in the mountains of Poconos, PA. They will enjoy three nights, fours day in a lake community, where they will hike, swim and spend the day at Knoebels. Tuition includes housing accommodations, food, excursions, transportation, and paid staff to maintain a 3:1 camper to staff ratio. 6 available spots.
First Year Campers
All new prospective campers are required to attend an open house walk-through with the Assistant Director or Programs Coordinator in the spring prior to camp to being accepted to camp. The purpose of the walk-through is to determine if camp is a good fit for the prospective camper. There is an additional fee of $25 for all first year camper applications. If it is determined that camp is not a good fit, then you will be refunded any tuition paid minus the $25 fee. Open houses will be on the following day:
Sunday, March 22nd (1 PM to 3 PM)Cancelled Saturday, March 28th (10 AM to 12 PM)Cancelled
- Saturday, April 18th (10 AM to 12 PM)
- Sunday, April 19th (1 PM to 3 PM)
- Saturday, May 30th (10 AM to 12 PM)
- Sunday, May 31th (1 PM to 3 PM)
- Saturday, June 13th (10 AM to 12 PM)
If you find that you need to complete a paper application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610-692-9027) to request a copy.
Each Camp program offers a different focus for its corresponding age group, however all programs share several core schedule components:
- Camp operates Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with an extended Evening Activity typically during the second week of each session.
- In the past such activities have included a movie matinee and dinner, a trip to a minor league baseball game, and for one session, starring in the Camp Show.
- During each Evening Activity the camp day is extended, and Camp provides dinner. Pick up times vary, but are usually between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- On the night of the Evening Activity our Expedition campers have the option of participating in an overnight and sleeping in tents at camp.
- For those campers who attend with a one-on-one (TSS/PCA), it is important for parents to take into consideration that the Evening Activity equates to more hours required of the TSS/PCA, and therefore it is essential that those additional hours are planned ahead of time via their treatment plan.
- Every day, each program will begin with Morning Circle where campers get to showcase their latest dance moves, sing, share announcements or just wave hello, whatever they are comfortable doing!
- Additionally every program will have one hour in the pool each day; 20 minutes will be devoted to swim instruction and the remaining time “free swim”.
- Campers bring their own lunch to Camp, preferably one that does not require a microwave as we are not always on campus for lunch.
- Camp provides water, lemonade and a snack at the end of the day (if time permits).
- Specifics on dates, times and activities are given on session calendars provided to campers at the beginning of each session.
The details of each program are found in the links above. For more information about applying for any of these programs, go to the Registration Page.
The cost for our summer programs is as follows:
- 2 Week Sessions: $900 per Camper
- 1 Week Mini-Camp: $500 per Camper
- Swim Camp (Half Days): $300 per Camper
- Alumni Vacation (Maine): $1950 per Camper
- Alumni Vacation (Poconos): $650 per Camper
A deposit of 25% of tuition is required to reserve your campers spot. Please note that we cannot reserve any spots without the 25% payment that accompanies the application. 3 additional installments of 25% of the tuition are due May 1, June 1 and 1 week prior to the start of camp. We are happy to provide a receipt, upon request, if you wish to pursue reimbursement from a 3rd party.
An additional fee of $20 per session will be assessed for any camper who attends our Day Camp with a PCA or TSS (one-on-one support person) in order to cover the costs of them attending off-campus activities. This fee is waived for Swim Camp and Alumni Vacation.
Please note that the tuition fee covers a portion of actual program expenses. For the 2020 season, the tuition for a 2 week session is $900 while the actual cost per camper is approximately $1,950. Through fundraising efforts and the generosity of our donors we are able to offer our programs at this reduced rate.
- Cancellation 1 month before the first day of the session in which your child enrolled results in a refund of 50% of tuition.
- Cancellation 2 weeks before the first day of the session results in a refund of 25% of tuition.
- There are no refunds for cancellation within 2 weeks of the first day of the Camp session.
- There are also no refunds in tuition for voluntary withdrawal during any camp session, for late arrivals or early departures, or for campers who are asked to withdraw for behavior reasons. Exceptions to this policy may be made only by the Executive Director of the Camp, at their discretion.
We reserve the right to suspend or dismiss a camper in our sole discretion for harmful or disruptive behavior (subject to applicable regulatory requirements) if we do not have adequate expertise or resources for the child’s needs, for violation of Camp policies or any other reason we determine to be in the best interest of the Camp. Suspension or dismissal may be with or without notice.
Bournelyf 3rd Party Pay Policy
Starting in 2020, Bournelyf has a new policy regarding 3rd Party Pay:
- When a Camper indicates that they will be using 3rd Party Pay (Waivers, FSS, or other funding), they will be sent a form that must be filled out by the camper’s Supports Coordinator or whoever will be responsible for processing the payment to camp.
- Families will be responsible for paying half of the tuition costs up to $500 provided that payment and the 3rd Party form is received by May 1, 2020. These payments will be split into 2 equal payments.
- Once funding from the 3rd Party is received, Bournelyf will issue a reimbursement check to the family.
- If payments and completed form are NOT received by May 1, 2020, then families will be responsible for paying the full tuition amount. Families will still be reimbursed once 3rd Party Payment is received, but they will just be responsible for more upfront.
Bournelyf recognizes that individual circumstances differ. Each year we are able to make some additional funding available for campers who otherwise might not be able to participate in the Camp’s programs due to financial hardship. If tuition assistance is desired, please indicate that on the application and complete Tuition Assistance Form found on the forms page of the website. The director or assistant director will then contact you to discuss your situation. You may also wish to contact your County MH/IDD or school district to determine whether they have monies available to assist your camper. We advise you to apply promptly, however, please make sure to indicate whether your camper’s participation is dependent on county or school district support on the application. Please DO NOT apply for Tuition Assistance if you are relying on a 3rd party to pay the tuition. Tuition Assistance is for families paying tuition out of pocket.
If you have any questions or concerns as you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone (610-692-9027) or by emailing email@example.com
Helpful information to consider when applying…
As part of the application process, the Assistant Director will interview each new applicant in-person to determine whether Bournelyf Special Camp can meet the applicant’s needs. Each new camper and their family will be required to attend one of the “Open House” dates for the new camper interview (dates and times of Open Houses can be found on our events calendar, which can be found under the Programs & Camp Calendar tab). The interview provides the new camper and their family an opportunity to tour the facilities and get a better idea of what a typical camp day is like, as well as determine if Camp would be a good fit for both parties.
Bournelyf offers a 4:1 camper/staff ratio. We are unable to accept campers who require more extensive supervision, have had incidents of physical aggression and or are not toilet-trained. In special situations or under certain circumstances, consideration can be given on a case-by-case situation, if a camper is able to attend with a one-on-one support staff (provided by the camper’s family). We are also unable to accept campers who are not toilet trained with regards to the personal hygiene aspect of toileting.
Before completing the application, please read through the following information regarding the application process, tuition, fees, and payment due dates.
1. Applications will be processed and sessions assigned in the order the applications are received, and accompanied by the 1st Payment (25% of total cost).
2. Campers who are new to Camp, or who have only attended for one year, are eligible to attend only one, two-week session.
a. Campers who are entering their third summer at BSC are eligible for two, two-week sessions.
b. And campers who have attended BSC for five summers or more are eligible for all three sessions.
3. If your camper is 16-17 years of age and you would like him/her to be considered for our life skills-based Expedition program, typically reserved for our campers, ages 18-25 years old, please check next to the dates of the Expedition session(s), which you would like your child to attend. The Assistant Director or Program Coordinator will contact you in order to discuss this alternative placement choice.
4. Please note, if your family is in need of tuition assistance, please do not hesitate to complete the Tuition Assistance form. Please do not request Tuition Assistance if you will be using a 3rd party provider to cover the cost of tuition.
5. Lastly and most importantly, please make sure that the payment for your camper’s session(s) is paid at least three weeks prior to the session’s start date (unless alternative payment arrangements have been made with the Assistant Director).
** Download Camp Policy here - You will be asked to acknowledge receipt and agreement of Camp Policy as part of the application process.