Must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid lifeguard certification, or be willing to acquire their lifeguard certification. Position runs Monday-Friday, from July 1st -August 2nd with hours ranging from 10AM-3PM and August 5-16, Monday-Friday from 8:30-12:00. $10/hr.
Oversee activities and operations of our on-campus pool. Responsible for creating, organizing, and implementing aquatic program: exercise, swimming lessons, and recreational swimming activities for our campers ages 8 and up and with varying swimming skills and comfortability in the water. Will also coordinate schedule for lifeguard and oversee their role at the pool. Salary position.
- Position runs from July 1st-August 2nd
- Preferably a 4-year degree in kinesiology, recreation, education or similar filed or pursuing a degree in these areas
- Valid lifeguard certification, with current CPR/First Aid/AED required
- Certification in adaptive aquatics instruction would be ideal.
- Prior experience as a lifeguard and/or swim instructor is expected.
In an effort to promote a productive and positive experience, we ask that all volunteers be at least 16 years of age. Please contact the Executive Director regarding any special circumstances at email@example.com
As for clearances, anyone under the age of 18 is not required to have clearances. CPR training is not needed for volunteers, although any and all certifications (CPR/AED, lifeguard etc.) are always welcomed. We do offer CPR/AED training every other year to staff as part of in-service training.
Please note that any volunteer who would be interacting with campers must provide copies of up-to-date, Pennsylvania Clearances: Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Clearance. All clearances can be assessed via http://dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm
- Anyone 18 years and older needs to have current Pennsylvania background checks: Pennsylvanua
- Please note that all staff applicants must provide copies of current, Pennsylvania Clearances: Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Clearance.
- All clearances can be obtained via http://dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm
- All Counselor or Lead Counselor applicants must have a valid drivers license